Thank you for volunteering your time to enrich our students’ learning experiences.
Online Application Instructions
- Fill out the online application on any computer. Be sure to use your full legal name and birthdate as it appears on your driver’s license or other government issued ID.
- Be sure to select the school(s) where you most frequently volunteer. Also, select the Functions you would like to see when you sign in at the kiosk.
- Once approved, you will receive an email to the email address you provided in your application. Approvals are immediate if there are no alerts from the background check.
- The first time you volunteer, have your government issued ID scanned by the school. Your ID must match the name and birthdate you provided on your volunteer application.
- All volunteer approvals will expire on June 30 each year, requiring volunteers to renew. Your ID will not need to be scanned again unless your name has legally changed.
NOTE: Selecting the functions of Overnight Chaperone and Band Adjunct require fingerprinting. Selecting Mentor requires training. Applications will not be approved until these requirements have been met.
The Volunteer Portal is an easy-to-use portal to manage your volunteer activities in Volusia County Schools, including:
- changes to your address and phone number (changes to email addresses must be done through the VIPS department)
- adding and modifying volunteer hours
- setting communication preferences
- signing up to volunteer for upcoming events
To access the Volunteer Portal, use this URL: tinyurl.com/VolusiaVolunteer. Your username is the email you used in your volunteer application. If you forgot your password, please click "Forgot Password.” An email will be sent to the email address associated with your volunteer application with instructions to set a new password.
Volunteers in Public Schools Information
The Volunteers in Public Schools (VIPS) program has served the school district since 1978. VIPS involves all segments of the community and all age groups who help meet the needs of students through the enhancement of education. Volunteers work in every aspect of school operations. They assist in the classroom, school office, health room and special areas; provide one-on-one tutoring and mentor at-risk students; and work with PTA/PTSA, School Advisory Councils, Extended Day, academic enhancement programs, and extracurricular organizations.
Visit Awards for information on our 2019-2020 Outstanding Volunteers.
For additional information on specific programs that utilize school volunteers visit the following programs:
- Super Star Math Program
- Mentor Program
- Volunteer Speakers Bureau
- Youth Partnership Program (Student Service)
- Fingerprinting Approval Process
To become a school volunteer, call your local school and ask to speak with the school's volunteer coordinator or call the district office at (386) 255-6475 Ext. 38379.
Volunteer Opportunity Listing
The “Volunteer Opportunities” chart helps match volunteers to specific needs of a school. The school-level volunteer coordinators are encouraged to submit their needs which will be organized on the chart by city. Currently the listing is small, but please check back again as our listings begin to grow. If you are interested in helping with any of these needs, please contact the volunteer coordinator listed for the school.
Parents and community members - see listing here
NOTE: This listing is an optional recruitment method for schools and does not reflect the needs for all schools. Volunteer applicants are always welcome to call the volunteer coordinator at any Volusia public school.