The Volunteer/Partnership Programs Department assists schools in the recruitment, registration, utilization, and recognition of volunteers and Business Partners in Volusia County Schools. The district office trains school-level coordinators to facilitate community involvement programs at their schools. Programs include: VIPS (Volunteers in Public Schools), Volusia Partners (Business Partners), Youth Partnership Program (student service), Youth Motivator Program (mentors), Super Star Math Program, and Volunteer Speakers Bureau. See the left navigation bar for more information.
Want to become a VIPS Volunteer?
Thank you for volunteering your time to enrich our students’ learning experiences.
The application is electronic and can be accessed by using any device connected to the Internet. The link to the application is available on our website under "Related Links.”
All volunteer applications will expire on June 30 of each year.
Online Application Instructions
- Fill out the online application on any computer. Be sure to use your full legal name and birthdate as it appears on your driver’s license or other government issued ID.
- Be sure to select the school(s) where you most frequently volunteer. Also, select the Functions you would like to see when you sign in at the kiosk.
- Once approved, you will receive an email to the email address you provided in your application. Approvals are immediate if there are no alerts from the background check.
- The first time you volunteer, have your government issued ID scanned by the school. Your ID must match the name and birthdate you provided on your volunteer application.
- All volunteer approvals will expire on June 30 each year, requiring volunteers to renew. Your ID will not need to be scanned again unless your name has legally changed.
NOTE: Selecting the functions of Overnight Chaperone and Band Adjunct require fingerprinting. Selecting Mentor requires training. Applications will not be approved until these requirements have been met.
Want to become a Business Partner?
To become a Volusia Partner, call your local school and ask to speak with the business partner coordinator or call the district office (see Department Contact below). Please select Business Partners from our menu on the left for a description of the Volusia Partners Program. You can also review a list of "partner opportunities" submitted by the school business partner coordinators on our Department Resources page.
Check out our Opportunities!
We invite you to share your expertise, experience or resources with our students. Our school-based volunteer coordinators and business partner coordinators are encouraged to submit their community involvement needs to the district and we advertise these needs on this web page. The purpose is to help match our community resources to the specific requests of the schools. Check out the "Volunteer Opportunities" and "Business Partner Opportunities" under the Department Resources page and call a school if you think you can be of service!