The five-member School Board of Volusia County, Florida seeks their next Superintendent of Schools. Volusia County, located in the heart of the beautiful east coast of Florida, is a rapidly growing area. Sixteen municipalities make up the county, with Daytona Beach, DeLand, Deltona, Ormond Beach and Port Orange as the largest metropolitan areas. The county is conveniently located for easy access to major cities such as Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa and Miami.
The successful candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership, Administration and Supervision, or an educational or business field; an earned doctorate from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Holds or is eligible for a Florida certificate in Educational Leadership, or Administration and Supervision, or other professional designation.
- Minimum of 10 years successful experience in education, government or business, with at least 7years in an executive leadership position.
- Experience reflecting thorough knowledge of Educational Administration with an emphasis on large system management.
- Work experience or further training in short/long-range planning.
- Successful experience as a School Principal, Assistant Superintendent, or Superintendent is preferred.
- Must be domiciled/homesteaded in Volusia County, Florida within 6 months of employment.
The position start date is January 1, 2020 with a mutually agreeable transition period in December 2019. The Board is prepared to offer a three-year contract with a salary range of $185,000 - $225,000 plus competitive benefits. Candidates selected as finalists must participate in the on-site interview process which is scheduled for November 6, 7, and 8, 2019.
Application Process and Deadline - Candidates must submit the following:
- A resume with a signed cover letter
- Verification of credentials, including college transcripts (copies of transcripts are acceptable but official versions are required prior to an offer of employment)
- Three letters of recommendations (professional)
All application materials referenced above must be emailed to: email@example.com by the application deadline of midnight on September 25, 2019.
For additional information related to Volusia County Public Schools or the application process contact:
Florida School Boards Association
850-414-2578 or cell 850-566-1860
|Dr. Bill Vogel
* IMPORTANT NOTICE * All resumes and supporting materials submitted for this position are subject to the Florida Public Records Act and “Government in the Sunshine” provisions of Florida law. The names of applicants and all materials submitted cannot be held in confidence, and are open to the public. Applicants who are selected as finalists for interview by the members of the School Board will be open to the public.