Volusia County Schools Begins Superintendent Search
The Volusia County School Board is undertaking a search for a new superintendent. Community engagement is vital to our process. Volusia County Schools is launching an extensive campaign to solicit input from students and their families, VCS alumni, our employees, educators in higher education, decision-makers and service providers in public, private, and nonprofit sectors, employers, advocates, residents, and other interested stakeholders. Four Community Forums will be held throughout the district in September. Attendees will be asked what qualities, experience, and skills they desire in our next superintendent. We invite everyone in our community to participate and engage in the process.
EVERYONE is invited to:
- Participate in the scheduled community forums;
- Complete the community survey or staff survey available online; Superintendent Search Survey Link
- Address the VCS Board during the public comment period at a regularly scheduled VCS Board meeting or work session.
Community forums are scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. on these dates:
- September 16, 2019 at DeLand High School, 800 North Hill Avenue, DeLand
- September 19, 2019 at Deltona City Hall, 2345 Providence Boulevard, Deltona
- September 23, 2019 at Holly Hill School, 1500 Center Avenue, Holly Hill
- September 25, 2019 at Port Orange South Daytona Chamber of Commerce, 3431 Ridgewood Avenue, Port Orange
All application materials must be emailed to: email@example.com by the application deadline of midnight on September 25, 2019.
For more information, please see the How to Apply page.