Drivers Education is an After School, Saturday and Summer School Program in partnership with Volusia County Schools, County of Volusia and The Dori Slosberg Foundation. The course is offered in the fall, spring and summer. During the fall and spring we offer an after school and a Saturday option. Brochures can be found on the website as they are made available before each offering. Registration takes place in August (fall classes), January (spring classes) and May (summer classes).
What is Volusia County Driver's Education?
Driver Education is not only essential for the fundamental knowledge of traffic safety, but also necessary to ensure awareness and application of that knowledge as a responsible driver. After all, driving is everybody's business.
The After School and Saturday Driver Education programs will be offered as a one half credit course. Class size will consist of 30-45 students, depending upon the school sites. If schools have more than the allotted students registered for the class (each session), a waiting list will be created on a first come first serve basis. A student who misses the first day of the class will be dropped and replaced by the next student on the waiting list.
The brochure, under resources, contains information which is pertinent to participation in the Driver Education program offered by the Volusia County School District. We ask that you read it carefully. Thank you for your cooperation and continued support of the Driver Education program.
Information & DMV/School District Requirements
- Each student must have a Florida Restricted license/learner permit on the first day of the summer Driver Education Program. The restricted license must be in the student's possession while participating at all times.
- Must be enrolled in a Volusia County Public School, school of choice, private or home-school program in order to participate.
- Student must be at least 15 years old and must completed one full year of high school on or before the first day of the session.
- If a registered student does not attend the first day of the course his/her slot will be given to the next student on the schools waiting list.
- Absenteeism will be limited due to the shortness of the program.
- No flip flops are allowed to be worn in class, closed toe shoes only.
2019-2020 Spring Drivers Education
Registration begins on Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
**Spring Session is now closed for registration**
Click here to register (opens Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 8:00 a.m)
or scan with your smartphone the QR code below
Note: Due to the limited number of seats available, registration will be on a first-come, first-served time stamped basis.
After School Sites
Starts January 23rd and runs through May 5th. Classes are from 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Session dates: 01/23, 01/28, 01/30, 02/04, 02/06, 02/11, 02/18, 02/20, 02/25, 02/27, 03/03, 03/05, 03/10, 03/12, 03/24, 03/26,
03/31, 04/02, 04/07, 04/09, 04/14, 04/16, 04/21, 04/23, 04/28, 04/30, and 05/05
- Mainland High School: Tuesday and Thursday class
- Pine Ridge High School: Tuesday and Thursday class
Saturday School Sites
Starts January 25th and runs through April 25th. Classes are from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Session dates: 01/25, 02/01, 02/08, 02/22, 02/29, 03/07, 03/28, 04/04, 04/18 and 04/25
- Deland High School
- Deltona High School
- New Smyrna Beach High School
- Spruce Creek High School
Note: Students will have 30 minutes for lunch, students must bring their own lunch and will not be able to leave campus.
Additional Resources- SPRING
Susan Lovell, Office Specialist