Drivers Education is an After School, Saturday and Summer School Program in partnership with Volusia County Schools, County of Volusia and The Dori Slosberg Foundation. The course is offered in the fall, spring and summer. During the fall and spring we offer an after school and a Saturday option. Brochures can be found on the website as they are made available before each offering. Registration takes place in August (fall classes), January (spring classes) and May (summer classes).
What is Volusia County Drivers Education?
Drivers Education is not only essential for the fundamental knowledge of traffic safety, but also necessary to ensure awareness and application of that knowledge as a responsible driver. After all, driving is everybody's business.
The After School and Saturday Drivers Education programs will be offered as a one half credit course. Class size will consist of 30-45 students, depending upon the school sites. If schools have more than the allotted students registered for the class (each session), a waiting list will be created on a first come first serve basis. A student who misses the first day of the class will be dropped and replaced by the next student on the waiting list.
The brochure, under resources below, contains information which is pertinent to participation in the Drivers Education program offered by the Volusia County School District. We ask that you read it carefully. Thank you for your cooperation and continued support of the Drivers Education program.
Information & DMV/School District Requirements
- Each student must have a Florida Learner's License on the first day of the Drivers Education Program. The Learner's License must be in the student's possession while participating at all times.
- Must be enrolled in a Volusia County Public School, school of choice, private or home-school program in order to participate.
- Student must be at least 15 years old and must completed one full year of high school on or before the first day of the session.
- If a registered student does not attend the first day of the course his/her slot will be given to the next student on the schools waiting list.
- Absenteeism will be limited due to the shortness of the program.
- No flip flops are allowed to be worn in class, closed toe shoes only.
**UPDATED: July 28, 2021**
2021 FALL DRIVERS EDUCATION
After School 3:45 PM - 6:15 PM (Locations to be determined) / Saturday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Locations to be determined)
Sessions start: August 31, 2021 - After School Sessions; September 11, 2021 - Saturday Sessions
Online Registration takes place on August 19, 2021
Preview the registration questions (Click here)
The registration link below will open at 8:00 pm and will close promptly at 8:15 pm on August 19, 2021.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ON AUGUST 19TH - 8:00 PM
COVID-19 Safe Driving
How To Keep Your Car Coronavirus Free
2021 Drivers Education Brochures
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
VOL Drivers Education Course