- A position paper on the state of Civic Education in Florida with recommendations for action.
If We Don't Know Our History We're History! by Jason Caros
- Why we desperately need an increase in the study of history.
- No Child Left With Mind by Jason Caros
- Why students struggle with literacy and overall academic achievement.
- Policymakers Fail Test on Civics by Jason Caros
- The repercussion of neglecting Civics education.
- Reading Comprehension Requires Knowledge - of Words and the World by E.D. Hirsch
- The title provides a good hint...
- The Case for and Against Homework by Robert Marzano and Debra Pickering
- Why homework is important and why 'targeted' homework is essential.
- The Knowledge to Achieve by Robert Sheffield
- The importance of academic knowledge to students from economically impoverished backgrounds.
- The Missing Link in Reading Comprehension by Jason Caros
- Why middle and high school students struggle so much with reading comprehension and overall achievement, why learning gaps exist, and how to help remedy these issues.
- The Privileged Status of Story by Daniel Willingham
- How storytelling and/or using the storytelling format in constructing lessons positively impacts student interest and learning.
- Why Students Don't Like School by Daniel Willingham
Willingham, a cognitive scientist, explains how teachers can foster the right cognitive conditions for students to engage in successful thought and enjoyment of learning.
Variety of links to multiple web sites and resources available through government, non-profit, and commercial entities.
Primary source documents for American and World History with good background information for each document.
Teacher created site with loads of resources.
Select history in the subject field to find many World and U.S. History video clips.
Primary documents, lessons, and more...
George Mason University's training web site for elementary and secondary history teachers.