Families may apply for free or reduced-price meal benefits one of two ways:
Apply using the on-line ELECTRONIC Free/Reduced Family Application Form. It is mobile-friendly and accessible on all electronic devices.
- It’s easy to apply and only takes a few minutes
- Faster processing time
- Safe and secure site
- You MUST read the parent letter before completing the on-line application.
- 2020-2021 onlineparent letter or 2020-2021 Onlineparent letter SP
- Apply Online (English) or Apply Online (Spanish)
Apply for Free/Reduced meals on a paper application.
- Visit your child's school to obtain a paper application.
- Return the completed application to your child's school (one per household)
Once you submit an application, it may take up to 10 days to process. After it’s processed, we will mail (USPS) you an Eligibility Notification letter stating your benefit to the address listed in your child’s school record. Keep this letter with your important papers.
Please note: Do not complete an on-line and a paper application (only choose one option). This will delay the approval process.
If your family qualifies for meal benefits, you may qualify for other programs such as: discounted Extended Day tuition, Summer Camp rates, SAT and ACT tests and more.
You may also qualify for a “Step Up for Students” scholarship (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-735-7837) and low cost Health Insurance for your newborn through 18 year-old children. Apply at http://floridakidcare.org
Free and Reduced Priced Health Care
If you have children age newborn through 18, they may qualify for free or low cost Health Insurance.