Agenda and Minutes
Minutes must be uploaded following each meeting to the SAC Upload Site.
Bylaws must be reviewed and uploaded to the SAC Upload Site annually in October and updated as necessary.
School Advisory Council
- SAC Election Window: April 15th -May 15th
- SAC Election Results Due May 18th
- New Membership Roster is official through board meeting on July 1st
- SAC Brochure Template
- SAC Brochure Template (Spanish)
- Election Packet 2021-2022
- The SAC Membership must:
- be comprised of 51% or more non-Volusia County Schools employees;
- consist of a diverse makeup of varied ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic groups;
- contain a variety of stakeholder groups including parents, teachers, support staff, students (for middle and high schools), principal, community members, and business partners.
- The SAC Membership Rosters must be updated four times annually
- Sept. 18 (to confirm SAC membership for the current school year);
- Dec. 7 (to check SAC membership at the mid-year point);
- April 5 (to confirm SAC membership before elections);
- May 20 (to update SAC membership for the coming year after elections).
- Any member who has two consecutive, unexcused absences must be removed from the membership roster;
- Each time SAC Membership is updated, the following two forms must be uploaded to the SAC Upload Site by the dates above.
- SAC Membership Form
- SAC Additions/Deletions Monitoring Form
School Improvement Funds
- The use of School Improvement Funds is governed by statute.
- Guidelines for the Use of School Improvement Funds
- School Improvement Funds Application
- SAC meetings operate in the Sunshine;
- All meeting agendas, including items to be voted upon, must be shared at least three days in advance with all SAC members;
- Sunshine Law FAQs.