- Volusia County is located on Florida’s beautiful east coast with 47 miles of beaches and scenic rivers. Residents enjoy nature’s playground, the cultural landscape and year-round temperate climate. You will find the ultimate balance of work and play!
- Our 60,000+ students are the “heartbeat” of our school district! Their well-being and achievement are always at the core of decisions made by district leaders.
- Our diversity gives us strength! We have 16 diverse communities located in our county.
- We are a short drive to major theme parks, NFL stadiums, and NASCAR.
- We offer competitive starting salaries for teachers.
- We offer insurance and benefits for eligible positions which include medical, basic life insurance and participation in the Florida Retirement System (FRS).
- We "invest in our own" and provide opportunities for leadership on campus and career advancement.
- VCS offers professional learning opportunities for instructional and non-instructional employees at no cost. We believe that focused professional growth does not just make our district a great place to work, it accelerates student success!
Volusia County Schools Awards and Success Stories
- 2019-2020 FLDOE Family & Community Involvement Award - Heritage Middle School
- Forough Hosseini Recognition - "Food Brings Hope" Program
- 2020 MATHCOUNTS Coach of the Year by Florida Engineering Society - N. Demchak, Math Teacher at Ormond Beach Middle School
- Volusia Pines Elementary School named Danny Gainin School of Excellence
- Seabreeze High Grad Named Boeing Scholar at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- VCS Students SAT Scores Top State and Nation
- VCS Teacher of the Year Josie Stumpf wins the 2020 Invested in Excellence Award from the Consortium of Florida Education Foundations & FPL
- 2020 First Year Teachers of the Year Celebrated
- 2020 Principals of the Year Honored