This web site was designed to assist you as a contracted vendor and Volusia County Schools regarding complying with the Jessica Lunsford Act, which was implemented in September 2005.
The Jessica Lunsford Act requires all contracted vendors who are permitted access on school grounds when students are present, who have direct contact with students, or have access to or control of school funds, to undergo a background check and meet level 2 screening requirements pursuant to Florida State Statute 1012.32. Effective July 2007, the law was amended providing for a few exceptions to these requirements. Additional changes were implemented, July 1, 2013, allowing for a statewide badge to be accepted by all counties. The legislation also now mandates that all Vendor/ Employees provide a copy of their I-9 as a part of their eligibility for clearance. Effective February 1, 2017 the rate for a new Vendor Badge and Fingerprinting will be $82.00.
Steps for Fingerprint Registration and Badging
1. To register for fingerprinting and/or to obtain a badge click Fieldprint link below. You will need to create a user name and password. Once logged in, click on ' I know my fieldprint code' enter the appropriate code to schedule the appointment for fingerprinting and photograph for the badge. You will also need to know your 'Volusia County School District Vendor Code' (JLA number).
Note: The cost for fingerprinting and badge will be $82.00.
Fieldprint code for FINGERPRINT and to obtain a BADGE: fpvolusiacounty
2. If you have undergone the screening process within the past 5 years, your information will be posted on the Florida Shared School Results (FSSR) System. Therefore, you will not be required to be fingerprinted again.
To obtain the uniform, statewide badge, click Fieldprint link below.
You will need to create a User Name and Password. Once logged in, click on 'I know my fieldprint code' and enter the appropriate code to schedule the appointment to be photographed for the badge. You will also need to know your 'Volusia County School District Vendor Code' (JLA number). If you are unsure of your fingerprint status, please call one of the numbers listed below.
Note: The cost for obtaining only a badge will be $10.00.
Fieldprint code for obtaining BADGE ONLY: fpvolusiabadge
3. Two forms of ID are required at the time of fingerprinting Acceptable IDs include:
Acceptable Primary IDs include:
- State-Issued Driver's License
- State-Issued Non-Driver's License ID card
- US Passport
- Military Identification Card
- Work Visa with Photo
Acceptable Secondary IDs include:
- Credit/Debit Card
- Bank Statement
- Electric Bill
- Birth Certificate
- Citizenship or Naturalization Certificate
Please direct any questions to Joanne Foster at (386) 734-7190, (386) 255-6475 or (386) 427-5223, ext. 20262.
The Office of Professional Standards
ATTN: Jessica Lunsford Act Compliance
200 North Clara Avenue
DeLand, FL 32720