Between an agreement with the Volusia County School District and VUE, VCS public school teachers may be eligible for reimbursement towards the cost of tuition for courses taken under the following terms and limits:
- Requests for tuition reimbursement shall be submitted for approval in advance of the course.
- Courses eligible for reimbursement must be specific in subject content, methods, and/or pedagogy to the teacher's current assignment(s).
- Teachers eligible for tuition reimbursement must be employed in a full-time instructional position at the time the course is taken.
- Applications for tuition reimbursement shall be submitted to the Office of Professional Learning along with verification of the cost of tuition. Pre-approval is required in order to confirm course eligibility and available funding.
- Teachers may apply for tuition reimbursement for ONE course per year (fiscal year July 1 through June 30).
- Only courses taken during the current school year (July 1 through June 30) are eligible for reimbursement.
- Teacher Tuition reimbursement shall be limited to $350.00 per credit hour for a maximum of 3 credit hours, not to exceed the actual cost per credit hour.
- Reimbursement will be provided for tuition only (books, fees, etc. are not eligible for reimbursement).
- Teachers receiving reimbursement from another funding source are not eligible for reimbursement from this funding source.
- Courses eligible for reimbursement must be taken at a college or university accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools or other recognized accreditation agency.
- Only courses for which a teacher receives a grade of "B" or above are eligible for reimbursement.
- To receive reimbursement, a transcript or grade slip must be submitted to the Office of Professional Learning within 45 days of completion of the course.
** You must notify the Office of Professional Learning in writing within 30 days if you do not complete the course, earn a grade of less than a "B," or wish to withdraw your request for reimbursement for any reason.
Note: this tuition reimbursement program is intended to enhance a teacher’s current teaching assignment. Courses taken to earn a degree in Educational Leadership may not be eligible for reimbursement.
To apply for reimbursement, complete and submit the Teacher Tuition Reimbursement application PRIOR TO TAKING THE COURSE along with verification of the cost of your tuition to the Office of Professional Learning. Pre-approval is required in order to confirm course eligibility and available funding.
To receive reimbursement, a grade slip or transcript must be submitted to the the Office of Professional Learning within 45 days of completion of the course.
Questions about Tuition Reimbursement? Contact the Office of Professional Learning, Crystal Bradley, ext. 20550.