Our goal is to support all instructional coaches in building the capacity of our teachers to provide equitable standards-aligned instruction that maximizes student achievement.
The Role of the Instructional Coach
- Build trust and rapport
- Provide a confidential and non-evaluative supportive environment
Facilitate Professional Learning and Support Professional Learning Opportunities
- Design professional learning based on school, district, and teachers' needs
- Provide follow-up to teachers on implementing tools and strategies gained through professional learning
- Facilitate and/or participate in grade-level or subject-area PLCs
Serve on the School's Leadership Team
- Ensure supports and professional learning are aligned to standards, initiatives, and best practices
- Support the implementation of the school’s improvement goals and strategies aligned to the school's improvement plan
- Meet regularly with principal to coordinate instructional activities related to the school and district improvement plans.
Support Teachers in Implementing Standards-Based Lessons Utilizing the Coaching Cycle
- Regularly plan with strong, aligned resources
- Plan questions and tasks tightly aligned to the standards
- Ensure all students have the necessary supports including removing barriers to learning for striving learners, students with disabilities, and English language learners
- Reflect on and analyze teaching practice and review student work to inform instruction
Interested in Becoming an Instructional Coach?
Self-enroll in the following Canvas Course for detailed information on the VCS Instructional Coaching Pool process:
or email Claudine Henderson for more information: email@example.com