Volusia County Schools Starts Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 School Year
DELAND – Kindergarten registration will begin Monday, March 28, and will be done through the VCS website: www.vcsedu.org.
During the weeks of April 11-22, VCS elementary schools will hold their on-site Kindergarten round up registration. Parents will learn about kindergarten curriculum and expectations and will have their questions about the registration process answered. Parents should check their school’s website and social media accounts for the time of their information session or call the school for details.
A child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022, to begin kindergarten.
Parents registering their child for public kindergarten for the first time in Volusia County Schools must provide the following documents before their child can start school.
- The child’s original birth certificate (not hospital certificate)
- An immunization record signed by a physician (HRS 680 form)
- A Florida Physical form (HD680) signed by a licensed Florida medical authority and completed within 1 year of registration date
- Child’s Social Security card
- TWO proofs of residence (ex: lease/purchase agreement, power bill, water bill)
- Parent/guardian driver’s license/identification
Additional information will be available on the Kindergarten Registration Information website.