Volusia County Schools and Trades Union Settlement
DELAND – Volusia County Schools (VCS) and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Council 79, Local 850 (AFSCME) are pleased to announce the settlement of a Memorandum of Understanding signed today during the scheduled bargaining session. The purpose of the session was to establish an agreement between the Union and the District as it relates to COVID-19. This agreement included:
- A set aside of one million dollars to be used as administrative leave. This will allow all employees an additional five days of paid administrative leave for COVID-19 related absences.
- A 17% retirement incentive
- Adjusted work calendars that align with the adjusted student calendars
- Safety protocol training for employees
- A system to address staff transfers should adjustments need to be made
The District and Union worked collaboratively to ensure a smooth opening for our students and employees.
Together, We Are Stronger
Kelly Schulz, Director
Community Information Services
Volusia County Schools
(386) 734-7190, ext. 20230