DELAND – Volusia County Schools strongly believes that all students can achieve and be successful. A seven-period day provides the opportunity for students to graduate college and career ready.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, Volusia County Schools is working with high school seniors to allow a shortened schedule for the 2020-2021 school year, if they qualify. To be eligible to participate in the shortened school day for this school year, students must meet the criteria listed in the parent contract. Some of the requirements are as follows:
- Students MUST be classified as a senior in good standing.
- Students MUST have a cumulative unweighted GPA of a 2.50 or higher.
- Students must meet a variety of requirements to be College and Career Ready.
- Students must have a passing score on all graduation-related testing requirements or provide state-approved waiver.
- Students must have the minimum credits needed for graduation.
- Students MUST participate in at least four courses on campus.
- Courses selected MUST be in sequential order. For example, periods 1-4 or 4-7.
Please contact your school counselor to see if you qualify for this special exception.
Together, We Are Stronger
Kelly Schulz, Director
Community Information Services
Volusia County Schools
(386) 734-7190, ext. 20230