DELAND — A Summer Reading Boot Camp will be held for identified students from Blue Lake, Champion, Palm Terrace, Pierson, South Daytona, Spirit, Starke, Turie T. Small, and Westside elementary schools. Students with the most academic needs are being invited to participate in this program. Eligible students will be contacted by their schools and provided detailed information.
The program will run Monday through Thursday, July 6-30, 2020 from 8:30 am – 1:30 pm. Breakfast and lunch will be provided to all students. Transportation will be provided for students who qualify. Parents will be asked to drop off their students and not enter the building.
Preventative measures related to COVID-19, include:
- daily health checks and temperature screenings for anyone entering the building
- isolation area for anyone who is symptomatic
- face masks and gloves provided daily as needed
- proper social distancing in classrooms and hallways
- meals eaten in classrooms or social distancing in cafeterias
- intentional planning for frequent hand washing
- soap and hand sanitizer readily available
- classrooms cleaned and touchpoints disinfected daily
- mandatory face masks provided for bus riders
- buses sanitized after each run
Facilitator for Volunteer/Partnership Programs
On behalf of Kelly Schulz, director of community information
(386) 734-7190, 255-6475 or 427-5223, extension 20230