AdventHealth and Volusia County Schools agreed to a historic partnership on Tuesday, June 19, known as the AdventHealth Healthy Futures Program. It is the largest agreement involving naming rights for Volusia County School Board and will serve as a state and national model for future agreements.
It is a 5-year, $2 million agreement, and AdventHealth is designated as the Official Healthcare Champion of Volusia County Schools and has official naming rights to each of the health care academies and programs – there are six high school health care academies and nine academic health care programs at middle and high schools. While other districts have entered into naming rights agreements for athletic facilities, this agreement is unique in that it creates educational opportunities for students.
In addition to the naming rights and support to our health care academies and programs, AdventHealth has committed to provide targeted services that value at $1 million for three key areas: 1) chronic absenteeism, 2) student athlete health and 3) career development within the health care industry.
- Chronic student absenteeism: AdventHealth will provide a liaison to work with school nurses, provide chronic disease education to parents and students, and provide E-Care/telemedicine services, with full parent consent and collaboration, at 36 of the schools with the highest absenteeism rates.
- Student athlete health: AdventHealth will provide access to its AdventHealth Concussion Program, including testing services and training. AdventHealth will also assist with pre-participation sports screenings for students, provide a dedicated certified athletic trainer to work with school trainers and training to coaches and athletic trainers.
- Internship programs: AdventHealth will have the opportunity to establish student internship programs at each high school health care academy in coordination with the district's career and vocational education programs. AdventHealth will also arrange for hospital tours for students and health care professional speaking events at schools.
- High school graduate job fairs: AdventHealth will have the opportunity to host job fairs to recruit graduates from high school health care academies and other programs.
- Health care education and information: Health and wellness materials may be provided to students and parents, including school-year kick off folders for students.
To see a copy of the agreement, click AdventHealth partnership agreement.