Florida Prepaid Open Enrollment Begins
Prepaid Plan Open Enrollment has begun! Florida families can change the course of their children’s future by securing their ability to go to college affordably. There are many plans to fit into your family’s budget, and if you enroll in February, Florida Prepaid will waive the $50 application fee.
The cost will depend on your child’s age and which Plan you choose, but the 529 Prepaid Plans start at $45 per month for a newborn. The earlier a family starts saving for a child’s college education, the less they need to save each month. A Prepaid Plan allows families to pick the plan to fit their savings goals, and lock in the cost of college for less.
A few points worth knowing:
- Open Enrollment, which this year runs from February 1 through April 30, is the only time each year that families can lock in the price of one of our five prepaid tuition plans and optional prepaid dormitory plans.
- Prepaid Plans work great alongside scholarships.
- If a child attends an out-of-state or private college, a Prepaid Plan will pay the same amount as it would pay at a public college or university in Florida.
- Every Prepaid Plan is guaranteed by the State of Florida, so you can never lose your investment.
- A child has up to 10 years after high school graduation to use the plan.
Get started today: http://bit.ly/3oswfYT. For Volusia County students, please use the promo code: VOL21.