DeLand - Registration for the spring semester Driver’s Education program will begin on the School District Driver’s Education website, https://www.vcsedu.org/special-programs/drivers-education, on Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. There is a support document with the needed questions that you will need answers for when you register online. Any student residing in Volusia County may register for the class. There is no fee for the program and students can earn a paperless waiver of the road test for an operator’s license. Driver’s education brochures are available in each high school’s guidance department or the school’s front desk. Students must have their learners license in hand the first day of class.
The After-School Program will begin on January 23 and will run through May 5 from 4 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Students need to wear closed-toe shoes for the class. There will be no classes during the week of March 16-20. The program will tentatively be offered at the following two high schools:
- Mainland High, 1255 West International Speedway Boulevard, Daytona Beach
- Pine Ridge High, 925 Howland Boulevard, Deltona
The Saturday Program will begin on January 25 and will run through April 25 from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Students will need to bring lunch each day and wear closed-toe shoes. There will be no classes on February 15 and March 14, 21 and April 11. The program will tentatively be offered at the following four high schools:
- DeLand High, 800 North Hill Avenue, DeLand
- Deltona High, 100 Wolf Pack Run, Deltona
- New Smyrna Beach High, 1015 10th Street, New Smyrna Beach
- Spruce Creek High, 801 Taylor Road, Port Orange
- All students currently enrolled in a Volusia County public school (to earn elective credit), School of Choice, private school or who are in the home-school program, and who are eligible to drive will be given the opportunity to enroll in a driver education program as seats are available. Students are to register at their zoned high school.
- Must be 15 years or older on or before the first day of the session for which the student is enrolled.
- Must have completed one full year of high school on or before the first day of the session.
- Must have and present a learner’s license when registering and on the first day of the session for which the student is enrolled.
- Must not have already received credit for driver’s education.
Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. If the class meets the enrollment capacity a waiting list will be started. Funding for this program is made available through the Dori Slosberg Driver Education Trust Fund. No district funds will be used to fund this program.
For more information regarding this program, students should contact their home high school.
Community Information Specialist
Community Information Services
Volusia County Schools
386-734-7190 ext. 20234