Starting October 21, 2019 Osceola Elementary will begin a brand new environmentally friendly project using biodegradable trays. What is a biodegradable tray? A “biodegradable” product is engineered to break down, safely and quickly, into raw materials and disappear into the environment.
What does this mean for students?
- No more styrofoam trays!
- No more straws!
- Food items will be served directly on the new trays!
- Students will grab individual utensils from new dispenser
- Positive impact on the environment
- Less plastic being hauled off to the landfill
- Made from renewable plants and various vegetable oils
- No toxins used in the process or in the final product