DELAND- Volusia County School District Bargaining Team and Volusia United Educators met on Monday, July 27 from 1:30pm to 3:00pm via a ZOOM meeting to begin impact bargaining regarding the reopening plan that was approved by the Florida Department of Education and the Volusia County School Board.
Items Agreed Upon:
- Exchange of proposals will be done via email
- Future meetings will be held via ZOOM with an advertised link to allow the public to view
- Dates for future meetings:
- Wednesday, July 29 7:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 29 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 30 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 3 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 4 7:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 6 1:30 p.m.- until completed
- 6 Early Release Dates for the 2020-2021 School Year
- The district proposed using March 17, 31 and April 7, 14, 21, and 28 as Early Release Days
- All other Wednesdays would be regular school days
- The Union would like more time to discuss how to calendar the 6 Early Release Days
Topic to Begin Next Bargaining Session:
- Volusia LIVE delivery model at elementary level
The district looks forward to further opportunities to collaborate with VUE leadership and a successful opening of the school year.
Kelly Schulz, Director
Community Information Services
Volusia County Schools
(386) 734-7190, ext. 20230