Apply for Career Academies Before Jan. 29 Deadline
Jan. 29 is the deadline to apply for high school Career & Technical Education (CTE) career academies for next school year. Apply online using the 2021-2022 Academy Application. The list of academies for the 2021-2022 is shown below.
Families should complete a Career Academy application for each academy of choice, even if the academies are located at the same school. In-zone students have priority to career academies. Out-of-zone student access to CTE career academies is based on available capacity of the school and program.
Because of Covid-19, high school showcases will be offered at each school this year – some virtually and some in-person. Please contact each school for more information:
Atlantic: The AHS Virtual Showcase will be at 5 p.m. Jan. 11 and will be recorded. A live follow-up meeting regarding the academy/program will be by appointment on Jan. 13 from 5-7:30 p.m.
DeLand: The Bulldog Palooza will be at 6 p.m. Jan. 11.
Mainland: Jan. 13 from 5–7:30 p.m, in a combination of in-person and virtual. The Collegiate Institute will offer in-person assemblies by appointment.
New Smyrna Beach: Jan. 13, 5:30-7 p.m. This is an in-person event limited to the student and one parent.
Pine Ridge: “Prospective Panther Preview” will be Jan. 14, 6-7:30 p.m. on campus and online (links to virtual presentations available Jan. 14 through the end of January for those who do not attend in person).
Seabreeze: “So You Wanna Be A Sandcrab?” will be Jan. 12 at 6 p.m.
Spruce Creek: Academy Night, IB Program, and AVID virtual meeting will be Jan. 14 from 5:30-8 p.m.
Taylor: Jan. 14 at 6 p.m.
University: Virtual University High School Sneak Peek Showcase will be Jan 12, 6-7 p.m.
Note: Deltona High’s College and Career Showcase has already been held. Contact the school with any questions about academies there.
Career Academies being offered for 2021-2022:
Agriculture & Natural Resources Cluster:
- Aquaculture, Environmental & Marine Science – Atlantic High
- Food & Agricultural Science – Deltona High
Arts, A/V, Communication and Tech. Cluster:
- Communication – DeLand High
Engineering & Manufacturing Cluster:
- Advanced Manufacturing – Pine Ridge High
- Technology, Engineering, Science, & Aeronautics – Atlantic High
- Engineering – New Smyrna Beach High
- Engineering – DeLand High
Education & Training Cluster:
- Education – New Smyrna Beach High
- Finance – Spruce Creek High
- Finance – University High
Government & Public Administration Cluster:
- Criminal Justice – New Smyrna Beach High
- Law & Government – Atlantic High
Health Science & Human Services Cluster:
- Allied Health – Seabreeze High
- Biomedical Sciences – University High
- Healthcare – Pine Ridge High
- Health Services – Deltona High
- Medical – New Smyrna Beach High
- Scientific Inquiry & Medicine – Mainland High (tracks offered are Allied Health Assisting and Biomedical Science)
Information Technology Cluster:
- Gaming & Simulation – University High
- Information Technology & Robotics – Spruce Creek High (tracks offered are Robotics and Programming)
Business Management & Administration Cluster:
- Digital Media Enterprise – Deltona High
All 10 VCS high schools have a variety of CTE programs in addition to the Career Academies. Families should contact their high school for more information about CTE programs and Career Academies. Variances may be required for students to
attend CTE programs in out-of-zone schools.