Volusia County Schools encourages utilizing the community resources that are available to support families outside of the academic day. No one support fits all individuals. For assistance, support staff at individual schools are equipped to provide guidance and additional referrals.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline – 1-800-273-8255 - a free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- FortifyFL – a suspicious activity reporting tool allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials. Download the app Apple or Android or report a tip via the website
- SMA Crisis Response Team 24/7 Helpline – 1-800-539-4228 – confidential emotional helpline for children, adolescent and young adults 25 and under.
- Florida Abuse Hotline – 1-800-962-2873 -- The Florida Abuse Hotline accepts reports 24 hours a day and 7 days a week of known or suspected child abuse, neglect, or abandonment.
- 2-1-1 Volusia Flagler / First Call for Help – “Help is Just a Phone Call Away!” A 24-hour, free, confidential telephone Helpline for community information and referrals for health and human services resources in Volusia County. Just Dial 2-1-1 or go to www.211live.org
- Florida Network of Care for Mental/Behavioral Health – an online information portal for individuals, families and social service agencies concerned with community mental health services, substance use treatment programs and help for people with developmental disabilities.
- Other Community Resources
Mental Health Agencies who have a partnership with Volusia County Schools
- ADAPT Behavioral Services – 386-898-5003
- Children’s Home Society (CHS) of Florida – 386-304-7600
- Chrysalis Health – 386-256-1333
- Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health – Florida – 386-738-5543
- Halifax Child & Adolescent Behavioral Services – 386-425-3900
- Stewart Marchman Act Behavioral Healthcare – 800-539-4228