Getting Connected to the Internet
Charter Communications is offering FREE Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. In addition, Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots across the area for public use. The Volusia County School Board is not affiliated with this program in any manner, nor does it endorse or assume any responsibility for any actions which may occur in connection with it.
- How to Access Digital Resources in VPortal
- VPortal Digital Resources Navigation
- How to Access Your Online Instructions - Elementary Students
- How to Change Your Password in VPortal - iPad Instructions
- How to Change Your Password in VPortal - Laptop Instructions
If you need technical support with a district-issued device or with any of our educational software, please call the Live Chat Hotline for Teachers, Students, and Families at 386-626-0070.
Depending on your device's manufacturer, you may find the following links useful:
- How to Clean Your Apple Device
- (Lenovo devices) Keeping your computer clean: Notebooks, All-In-One Desktops, Tiny-In-One, and Monitors
Bookmark These Important Websites
Bookmark these important websites to keep up with school work and what's happening at Volusia County Schools:
- VPortal: https://launchpad.classlink.com/volusia
- Volusia County Schools Instructional Continuity Plan: https://www.vcsedu.org/icp
- Volusia County Schools Urgent Information: https://www.vcsedu.org/urgent-information
Install These Apps
If you're using a personal device (not a device issued by Volusia County Schools), please install these apps on your device to make accessing your digital resources easier.
Create a Safe and Healthy Workspace at Home
Stay Safe Online
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments.
- Use trusted sources for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19.
- Do not reveal personal or financial information in email, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information.
- Verify a charity's authenticity before making donations.
- Common Sense Media and their “What Is…?” video series for parents.
- Netsmartz has resources for students of all ages and their parents.
- Safe Florida - Keeping Florida safe from shore to digital shore.
Take a Brain Break
About Phase 2
If you are curious about the differences between phase 1 and phase 2 of the Instructional Continuity Plan, please refer to the following document, which compares the two phases: