Name changes require a copy of your signed social security card. You may send a copy of your signed social security card to the Job Records team, Human Resources or by fax (386) 626-0040.
Address Change: email@example.com
If you are a current or previous employee and need Volusia County Schools work verification:
- Requests can be faxed to 386-626-0041 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions, contact 386-734-7190, ext. 20186
Employee Access to His/Hers Personnel File
- An employee, or any person designated in writing by the employee, may review the employee's personnel file in the Human Resources office by appointment during regular office hours, under the supervision of the assistant superintendent for Human Resources or designee.
- Certain records are exempt from public inspection and a picture identification may be required before the employee or designee is allowed to view the employee's personnel file.
- To schedule an appointment to review your personnel file, please email Employee Records or call (386) 734-7190 extension 20186.
Public Access to Employee Personnel Files
- Employee files are open to public inspection with the exception of records and information exempted by law. Only those records which are open to public inspection will be made available for examination.
- A record will be maintained in the employee's personnel file each time it is reviewed. This record shall include the name of the person reviewing the file, date of review and identification of any document(s) reproduced from the file. A copy of this record will be sent to the employee if currently employed.
- Direct all public requests to Public Records. You will be contacted to set an appointment for viewing.
Official Access to Employee Personnel Files
- All aspects of each employee's personnel file, including material otherwise closed to public examination, shall be open to inspection at all times by school board members, the superintendent, the principal or their respective designees in the exercise of their respective duties.
- Records contained in an employee's personnel file are sensitive and cannot be faxed. Authorized officials may review records in the Human Resources office under the supervision of the assistant superintendent or designee.
- All aspects of an employee's personnel file, including material otherwise closed to public examination, shall be made available to national, state or local law enforcement personnel in the conduct of a lawful criminal background check or investigation.
Copying and Fees
Only those documents which are open to public inspection by law shall be reproduced at a fee prescribed by law. The school board may charge a fee commensurate with the actual cost of copying the requested documents.
- The custodian of public records shall furnish a copy or a certified copy of the record upon payment of the fee prescribed by law or, if a fee is not prescribed by law, the fee for duplicated copies shall be:
- $0.15 per one-side copy
- $0.05 additional for each two-sided duplicated copy
- $1.00 per copy for each certified copy
- If the nature or volume of public records to be inspected, examined, or copied pursuant to laws and regulations is such as to require extensive use of information technology resources or extensive clerical or supervisory assistance by personnel of the district, or both, the district may charge, in addition to the actual cost of duplication, a special service charge.
- The special service charge shall be reasonable and shall be based on the cost incurred for such extensive use of information technology resources or the labor cost of the personnel providing the service that is actually incurred by the district for the clerical and supervisory assistance required, or both.
- "Information technology resources" means data processing hardware and software and services, communications, supplies, personnel, facility resources, maintenance, and training.