The parent/guardian enrolling a student in a Home Education Program must:
- Provide an Annual Evaluation for each student, no later than each anniversary of his/her date of registration with the Home Education Program as specified in section 1002.41, Florida Statutes.
- Retain each student’s portfolio for two years and make it available for inspection by the Superintendent’s designee, with a written notice.
- Maintain a portfolio of records and materials including a daily log of educational activities and assessments.
Complete ONE of the following five options when submitting the Annual Evaluation
- Arrange for a Florida certified teacher (valid regular teaching certificate) chosen by the parent/guardian to evaluate the child’s educational progress based on a review of the portfolio and discussion with the student; or
- Arrange for the student to take a nationally-normed achievement test administered by a certified teacher; or
- Participate in a state student assessment test used by the school district and administered by a certified teacher, at a location and under testing conditions approved by the school district; or
- Arrange for the student to be evaluated by an individual holding a valid, active license pursuant to the provisions of s. 490.003(7) or (8); or
- Submit an unofficial transcript verifying four or more classes have been completed through Volusia Online Learning or FLVS Flex. One class is equivalent to both segments/terms/semesters.