Once Halifax Behavioral has informed you that your son/daughter is going to be discharged from the Day Treatment Program, you will need to immediately contact your child's school to make arrangements for them to re-enroll. The Day Treatment Program school staff cannot re-enroll your child for you.
- Phone or visit your child's school let them know expected date of return
- Ask if you need to make an appointment to complete enrollment process
- Ask what information you will need to bring with you to complete enrollment
- Let school know they will need to contact Ellen Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that student is withdrawn from Halifax Behavioral Services once student returns to school. IMPORTANT: Students will not be withdrawn from the school portion of Day Treatment until the receiving school makes this withdrawal request.
- Student grades and other relevant school information from Day Treatment will be sent to appropriate staff at receiving school
*Note: For students previously identified under Exceptional Student Education and have an I.E.P. that was in place at the attending school, a meeting request will be sent to the attending school to schedule an I.E.P. meeting at the time of discharge.