Here are a few tips about the Day Treatment Program at HBS:
- Students at HBS follow Volusia County Schools Dress Code Policy. Students may wear their zoned school's colors. The Dress Code Policy can be found here: Student Appearance, Dress and Uniform Code
- Students are encouraged to bring a sweater or light jacket, the air conditioning is set to 72 degrees on our unit. However, hooded shirts, sweatshirts, or jackets are not allowed at HBS.
- Students should wear sneakers every day since they will be participating in recreational therapy.
- Students do not need to bring any supplies to school, we have everything you will need in class. Any items you bring (phone, iPod, money, purse, keys) will need to be stored on a cart with HBS staff upon arrival and returned at dismissal.
- Students will be served breakfast and lunch. If a student wants to bring in a lunch, it needs to be in a cooler bag and the lunch cannot be heated. Drinks need to be in sealed containers.
HBS will be giving the FSA ELA/Writing Assessment on April 2, 2019. Please click on the link below for more grade specific information:
HBS will be giving the FSA Mathematics Assessment on May 6, 2019. Please click on the link below for more grade specific information:
HBS will be giving the Grade 5/8 Science End of Course (EOC) Assessment beginning on May 8, 2019. Please click on the link below for more grade specific information:
The following are websites that students can access for practice or assistance at home:
- PurpleMath No login required
- Math Is Fun No login required
- Khan Academy There is no login required, just press the magnifying glass on the upper left hand corner to search for your topic and a list will appear
- Algebra Nation Students can use school login
- IXL Math Students use school login
- Discovery Education Great website for Math as well! No login required
- National Geographic No login required
- Kids Science Grades K-5 and 6-8, no login required
- Starfall Elementary students, no login required
- Reading Plus Students can use school login
- Storyline Online Elementary students, no login required
- Read.com All age students, no login required
Your Input is Important To Us!!
Please use the included Parent Input Form to share any feedback to school administration of the Day Treatment Program. Any concerns, questions or positive feedback regarding instructors or school services will be reviewed by administrative staff. For your convenience, you can email completed form to cchandle@volusia.K12.fl.us or return completed input form to the school administrative office in the Day Treatment Program.