The ESE Advisory Committee is made up of families and professionals dedicated to collaborative interaction among schools, service agencies and the public. The committee meets on a regular basis to gain information on issues that pertain to exceptional students in Volusia County.
If you are interested in learning more about the ESE Advisory Committee, please contact Dr. Mary Alice Myers, Assistant Director, ESE at 386-734-7190, extension 33264.
In an environment of mutual respect and trust, the ESE Advisory Committee, families and professionals dedicated to collaborative interaction among schools, service agencies, and the public, will inspire advocacy for students with special needs, provide support for their families, enhance education and foster community partnerships.
The ESE Advisory Committee will meet on a regular basis to gain information on issues that pertain to exceptional students in Volusia County. Committee members will work together in an advisory capacity to share this information with families, teachers and service providers to positively impact the lives of children and those who care for them. The committee will also provide feedback relating to these issues to the school district.
- To act as a communication link between the various agencies represented on the committee and the school
- To participate in identifying resources throughout the community to provide support for the ESE program
- To advise and provide support to district ESE for new ESE program development as well as improvement of existing ones
- To serve as a resource to the superintendent, school board, staff and families
- To advocate on behalf of the ESE community by serving as a communication link between the school board, school administrators, and parents of students with special needs