Applicants without a High School Diploma or GED
Non-teaching (support) applicants who have not earned a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) are required to successfully pass a basic math and literacy assessment before beginning employment. If you have questions regarding the assessment, please contact Laurie Rumer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants successfully completing the assessment will become eligible to apply for the following positions:
- School Way Cafe Assistant
- Dining Room Aide
- Bus Driver
- Bus Attendant
All other positions require a high school diploma or GED from an accredited school.
The assessment is not equivalent to that of GED examination. For job requirement information, refer to the required qualifications listed on the vacancy advertisement.
Paraprofessional Testing (PARAPRO)
To be a Paraprofessional, you must have a high school diploma or GED and one of the following:
- Associate's degree or higher
- 48 hours of verified college credit
- Or, pass the PARAPRO test with a score of 464 or higher
Volusia County Schools offers the PARAPRO test. Please see the following for more information:
- The test is offered to Volusia County School Board Applicants only at this time.
- The fee is $55.00 (paid via credit card; the link to pay will be emailed to you when you make your test appointment).
- Refer to the PARAPRO Assessment website for study guide information.
If you have questions regarding paraprofessional testing or would like to make an appointment to take the test, please contact Laurie Rumer via email at email@example.com.