TABE assessments may be scheduled by telephone at (386) 734-7190 extension 20312 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Math and language study guides "Building Skills with TABE" are available for checkout at no charge at all Volusia County public libraries. The study guides may be located under reference numbers 374.22 and 374.0151. Clerical applicants should request level "D" and entry level applicants should request level "M."
Applicants without a High School Diploma or GED
Non-teaching (support) applicants who have not earned a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) are required to successfully pass the TABE level "M" literacy assessment before beginning employment. Applicants successfully completing the assessment will become eligible to apply for the following positions:
- School Way Cafe Assistant
- Dining Room Aide
- Bus Driver
- Bus Attendant
All other positions require a high school diploma or GED from an accredited school.
The TABE level "M" content is not equivalent to that of GED examination. For job requirement information, refer to the required qualifications listed on the vacancy advertisement.
Paraprofessional Testing (PARAPRO)
To be a Paraprofessional, you must have a high school diploma or GED and one of the following:
- Associate's degree or higher
- 48 hours of verified college credit
- Or, pass the PARAPRO test with a score of 464 or higher
Volusia County Schools offers the PARAPRO test. Please see the following for more information:
- The test is offered to Volusia County School Board Applicants only at this time.
- The fee is $55.00 (to be paid five days before test date). We accept cash, money order or cashier's check only, made payable to Volusia County School District.
- Refer to the PARAPRO Assessment website for study guide information.
If you have questions regarding paraprofessional testing or would like to make an appointment to take the test, please contact Marilyn Jordan at (386) 734-7190 extension 20312 or by email at email@example.com.