New to Volusia County Schools?
Follow the directions below to begin your application. Once your online application is complete, you will be able to click on the Jobs tab to apply for vacancies.
If you are a current employee with Volusia County Schools, use the Directions for Current Employees to get to the Current Employee (Transfer) log in screen. You can also find the Current Employee log in page here.
If you registered with our online application in the past, use your login and password. If you do not remember your information, click on this link and then select Having Trouble Logging In and enter your email address to reset your account.
For assistance with the application process, please call 386-734-7190 extension 20177 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Computers and assistance are available at the DeLand Administrative Complex Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations, please contact:
- Sandy Hovis, Manager of Labor and Employee Relations
- 200 N Clara Avenue, DeLand, FL 32720
- Phone number (386) 734-7190 extension 20318
- Email address is email@example.com
New or Previously Registered Applicants
Step 1: Complete the online portion of application
Please allow 15-30 minutes to complete the online portion of the application.
- An email address is required to register.
- You are required to submit ten (10) years of work history on the application. Please use the Additional Information page if you need to explain any gaps in the ten year work history.
- You must include email addresses on the Reference Page on the application. Please make contact with your reference to obtain the email address and include it in this section.
Step 2: Pre-Employment Paperwork
Please submit this paperwork to the Human Resources office at the DeLand Administrative Complex, 200 N. Clara Avenue, DeLand FL 32720.
Teacher and Substitute Teacher Candidates
- Official transcript(s) in the sealed envelope are required from all your colleges or universities. Official transcripts may be submitted electronically from the college or university to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy of the front and back of valid out-of-state teaching certificate(s)
- Copy of out of state certification exam score report(s)
Support and Substitute Support Candidates
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- If your high school diploma is not available, please submit a letter from an appropriate official at the school district where you graduated on school letterhead, including date of graduation.
- For a high school diploma not from a state educational institution, we must have an official transcript with courses, grades, completion date, and some formal seal or signature.
- Please click on the Testing Information link if you do not have a high school diploma or GED
Step 3: Hiring Paperwork
These documents will be required if you are recommended for a position. If you choose to submit these documents now, please bring or send them to our offices at the DeLand Administrative Center (DAC), 200 N. Clara Avenue, Deland, FL 32720:
- A copy of your signed Social Security Card
- A copy of a valid photo identification
- FRS Certification Form