Current Students and Parents
Here are a few tips about the Day Treatment Program at HBS
- Students at HBS follow Volusia County Schools Dress Code Policy. The Dress Code Policy can be found here: Student Appearance, Dress and Uniform Code
- Students are encouraged to bring a sweater or light jacket, the air conditioning is set to 72 degrees on our unit. However, hooded shirts, sweatshirts, or jackets are not allowed at HBS.
- Students should wear sneakers every day since they will be participating in recreational therapy.
- Students do not need to bring any supplies to school, we have everything you will need in class. Any items you bring (phone, money, purse, keys) will need to be stored on a cart with HBS staff upon arrival and returned at dismissal.
- Students will be served breakfast and lunch. If a student wants to bring in a lunch, it needs to be in a cooler bag and the lunch cannot be heated. Drinks need to be in sealed containers.
HBS will be giving the FAST/EOC Assessments following the district's assessment schedule. The first FAST Progress Monitoring is going to begin on September 13th/14th with makeups to follow. Please click on the link below to read the letter being sent to parents and families about the assessment:
The following are websites that students can access for practice or assistance at home:
- PurpleMath - No login required
- Math Is Fun - No login required
- Khan Academy - There is no login required, just press the magnifying glass on the upper left hand corner to search for your topic and a list will appear.
- Algebra Nation - Students can use school login
- IXL Math - Students use school login
- Discovery Education - Great website for Math as well! No login required
- National Geographic - No login required
- Kids Science - Grades K-5 and 6-8, no login required
- Starfall - Elementary students, no login required
- Reading Plus - Students can use school login
- Storyline Online - Elementary students, no login required
- Read.com - All age students, no login required
Your Input is Important To Us!!
Please use the included Parent Input Form to share any feedback to school administration of the Day Treatment Program. Any concerns, questions or positive feedback regarding instructors or school services will be reviewed by administrative staff. For your convenience, you can email completed form to cchandle@volusia.K12.fl.us or return completed input form to the school administrative office in the Day Treatment Program.