Agenda and Minutes
Minutes must be uploaded following each meeting to the SAC Upload Site.
Bylaws must be reviewed and uploaded to the SAC Upload Site annually in October and updated as necessary.
School Advisory Council
- SAC Election Window: April 1st -May 9th 2022
- SAC Election Results Due May 12th
- New Membership Roster is official through board meeting on July 1st
- SAC Brochure Template
- SAC Brochure Template (Spanish)
- The SAC Membership must:
- be comprised of 51% or more non-Volusia County Schools employees;
- consist of a diverse makeup of varied ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic groups;
- contain a variety of stakeholder groups including parents, teachers, support staff, students (for middle and high schools), principal, community members, and business partners.
- The SAC Membership Rosters must be updated four times annually
- Sept. 30th, 2021 (to confirm SAC membership for the current school year);
- Dec. 16th, 2021 (to check SAC membership at the mid-year point);
- March 30th, 2022 (to confirm SAC membership before elections);
- May 12th, 2022 (to update SAC membership for the coming year after elections).
- Any member who has two consecutive, unexcused absences must be removed from the membership roster;
- Each time SAC Membership is updated, the following two forms must be uploaded to the SAC Upload Site by the dates above.
- SAC Membership Form
- SAC Additions/Deletions Monitoring Form
School Improvement Funds
- The use of School Improvement Funds is governed by statute.
- Guidelines for the Use of School Improvement Funds
- School Improvement Funds Application
- SAC meetings operate in the Sunshine;
- All meeting agendas, including items to be voted upon, must be shared at least three days in advance with all SAC members;
- Sunshine Law FAQs.
- All SAC contacts please make sure you have access to the SAC TEAMS page by contacting Ms. Radford, Stephanie A.
- SAC contacts training available on the SAC TEAMS page under the files tab.
- SAC Binders.docx
- Collaborative Partnering & Shared Decision Making
- Any action involving the expenditure of SAC funds must be voted upon;
- Any action involving the School Improvement Plan must be voted upon;
- Voting cannot occur unless a quorum is present ;
- A quorum is defined as a majority of the membership roster.