School-based Mental Health Resources
- Volusia County Schools School-Based Mental Health Providers
- School-based Mental Health Resources
- STEPS Suicide Toolkit
- School-Based Mental Health Services Navigating the Journey
- Mental Wellness Resource Guide for Depression
- Mental Wellness Resource Guide for Trauma
- Mental Wellness Resource Guide for Anxiety
- Mental Wellness Resource Guide for Grief
- Mental Wellness Resource Guide for Wellness and Mindset
- Next Generation Village Patient Care Brochure
- Because You Matter Resource Poster
Volusia County Schools has an agreement with five community mental health agencies (Halifax Behavioral Services, Devereux, ADAPT Behavioral Services, Children’s Home Society, and Chrysalis Health) to provide mental health services to our students who are at risk of severe emotional disturbance. SBMHS include a broad spectrum of assessment, prevention, intervention, postvention, counseling, consultation, and referral activity and services. These services are essential to a school’s ability to ensure a safe and healthy learning environment for all students.
In Volusia County Schools, the majority of the school-based mental services are provided by the school-employed school social workers, school counselors & school psychologists who are trained in school system functioning and learning as well as mental health. We also have our school health nurses and behavioral specialists and other ESE/SS staff and administrative teams who are part of our team. Altogether with our community partners, we focus on our student’s health and wellness and on how students’ behavior and mental health impacts their ability to learn and be successful in school.