SagesGov Online Permitting
Volusia County Schools now offers an online portal SagesGov for all building permitting needs.
How will this impact the current permitting process? Volusia County Schools Building & Inspection Department has transitioned to a paperless process. Permits, Plan Reviews, and Inspections will occur on this new online portal named SagesGov. Legacy PermitsLegacy permits can be identified by the permit number. All permits issued in 2023 (23-XXX) or earlier will be considered legacy permits.
If you have a Legacy Permit that is still open, all documents submitted throughout that permit's lifecycle will need to be physically transmitted (Plans, RFIs, Additional Submittals etc.). Inspections must be requested on the Forms & Inspections Requests page via the Inspection Request Form.
Logging into the system for the first timePrequalified Contractors will need to sign up for an account with their email in order to access the system to apply for a permit to work at a Volusia County Schools facility. Contractors should sign up for a "Company Account" to submit permits under their respective company. Once the Volusia County Schools Building Department reviews and approves your access request, you will receive an email notifying you of the approval. You can then log in using your username and password.
Architects and Engineers will not need to sign up to access the system. For any questions reach out to the Building Department. Required Permit Documents
All documents must be uploaded as an unlocked/unprotected PDF. Documents names should match to the item that is being uploaded.
- Authorized Agent Form - The Authorized Agent Form is required to be filled out. This must be wet signed by the qualifier to authorize and designate an Authorized Agent. The Authorized Agent will submit required documents in order to pull a permit under the qualifier's license.
- Certificates of Insurance - Must provide the same limits that are in your owner-contractor agreement. Florida Building Code Building (FBCB) Section 105.3.5. Be sure to attach clear copies of your Florida Contractor license and the Original Workers Compensation and Liability Insurance Certificates. If you are subcontracting work, Certificates of Insurance of the subcontractor should also be uploaded. Be sure to label the file clearly to make the distinction for each company.
- Florida Contractor License - Applicants must include their Florida Contractor License Number per Florida Building Code Building Section 105 Permits. If you are subcontracting work, Florida Contractor Licenses of the subcontractor should also be uploaded. Be sure to label the file clearly to make the distinction for each company.
- Purchase Order - Volusia County School District Purchase Order shall accompany the permit application for the associated construction.
- Site Plan - A site plan must be submitted with the permit application per Florida Building Code Building (FBCB) Section 107.2. This should be a top-down view of the location. Site Plans should display the name of the school/facility where work is going to be completed.
- Construction Documents - Construction Documents will vary per project. Examples of Construction Documents include: Drawings, Product Data, Scope of work. Construction Drawings shall be uploaded by trade and must follow digital signature requirements outlined below.
Construction Documents and Drawing RequirementsAny Construction Documents that have been prepared by an Architect or Engineer and are being submitted must be digitally signed and sealed with third party certification.
Digital signatures must comply with Florida Statutes Chapter 481 and Florida Administrative Rule 61G1-16.005 for Architects or Florida Statutes Chapter 471 and Florida Administrative Code Rule 61G15-23.003 for Engineers.
Certificate Authority services can be purchased through several third-party companies. Volusia County Schools does not recommend one firm over another, but the following are examples of what can be used. Note this is not a complete list: Entrust, eTrust, GeoTrust, GlobalSign, IdenTrust, and Verisign.
It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure the service meets the requirements of the Florida Statutes and Administrative Rules.
Directions for uploading documentsPrior to uploading any attachments, be sure to open the attachment on your computer to confirm it meets the following standards:
Documents must be PDFs, pictures will not be accepted.
Do not upload documents that are upside down or sideways, be sure to upload them in the correct orientation.
If there is color present in the PDF or document, be sure to keep it in color when uploading. Feedback and Questions:
Your feedback is invaluable to us. We encourage you to share your thoughts, suggestions, or concerns as we navigate through this transition. Feel free to reach out to the VCS Building & Inspection Department at email@example.com with any questions or feedback you may have.
You can access the SagesGov portal by clicking the button below or by clicking on the second option on the top left menu "SagesGov Portal Link"