Frequently Asked Questions About Building Permits
Welcome to our FAQ's About Building Permits Page.
Please check out our FAQ's below. Click on the question below and it will open up and show you the answer. For any questions regarding permits or assistance within SagesGov please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who can apply for a permit?
- How do I submit a permit online?
- How do I check the status of my permit application or plan review comments?
- How will I receive my approved permit?
- How do I schedule an inspection?
- How do I submit revisions?
- How do I reinstate an expired permit
- Is a Building Permit Application required to be completed by a state-licensed contractor?
- Must the licensed contractor personally appear in the Building Department to submit an application?
- Can the licensed contractor complete and sign a power of attorney?
- Can a Building Permit application be scanned and submitted via email?
- How many sets of construction documents are required to be signed, sealed, and dated by the Architect or Engineer?
- Is a Site plan required that shows the specific location of work?
- Is a Construction Barricade plan required that shows the construction area enclosed by a temporary fence?
- Are certificates of insurance required to be attached to the permit application?
- Does the Building Department maintain Certificates of Insurance on file?
- Does the VCS Project Manager sign the permit application prior to submitting permit application?
- Does the Building Department maintain contractor’s licenses on file?
- What types of exterior envelope materials require Florida Product Approval?
- Are submittals turned in at the time of application?