Welcome and Congratulations! The Employee Benefits Department would like to provide assistance in making your new hire and/or Retirement/DROP process easy and convenient. Below you will find some helpful information.
2024 Retirement Workshop
Register here: Retirement Workshop Link
You may view presentations from the workshop below:
- Florida School Retiree Benefits Consortium (FSRBC)- FSRBC Presentation
- Division of Retirement: FRS Presentation
- Agenda: Retirement Workshop 2024
- DeLand High School Parking Map
New Hire Information
- You are automatically enrolled in the Florida Retirement System(FRS), where you contribute 3% (set amount by FRS, cannot increase or decrease) of your paycheck
- If you had no other service credit history with FRS when you started with us, FRS gives you an 8-month new hire window to decide if you would like to participate in the pension plan or switch to the investment plan with them.
- If you do not let FRS know your decision, come that 8th month, you will automatically default over to the investment plan instead.
- FRS will be sending you a welcome brochure the following month after you receive your first paycheck from us with all the information you need for deciding which plan you would like to choose and how to finalize that choice and set up your FRS online account.
Retiring From Volusia County Schools
For a step by step guide on how to complete your Retirement/DROP application.
For a comprehensive understanding of all retiree benefits offered, rates and how to enroll.