Health Insurance and Disaster Assistance Information
Florida Health Care Plans- ID Card
Many of you have received ID cards for your dental coverage and FSA cards, but have noticed you have not received your Florida Health Care Plans (FHCP) ID cards. According to FHCP, you should be receiving them within the next 2-3 weeks. If you are enrolled in FHCP and need a card, you have three options:
- You can go online and create an account on the FHCP member portal and print a temporary ID card, please see the following: FHCP Member Portal Sign-Up Instructions
- You can email member engagement at email@example.com and they will email you back an ID card, or
- You can call member services to request an ID card at (386)-615-4022.
If you go to a provider without a card, the provider will contact FHCP to verify your coverage. For those of you who had the HMO Plan last year and stayed on the same plan, you can use your current card.
If you have contacted your provider for an appointment and they say you are “inactive” in their system, please call member services at (386)-615-4022.
DISASTER ASSISTANCE INFORMATION We hope that all of our VCS Family is recovering from this storm. We are strong, resilient and are part of caring community! We have providers that are offering information to help you. For example, if you have disability coverage with The Standard, you can find information about filing a claim, please see below. Also, Vision Service Plan is offering to replace your eyewear if lost or damaged due to the storm, please see information below.
As you know, hurricane Ian is causing significant disruptions for some residents of the State of Florida. In compliance with orders from Florida’s Commissioner of the Office of Insurance Regulations, the below actions are being taken to support our valued customers and their employees. These actions are effective immediately, and apply to all policies covering persons in Florida throughout the duration of the emergency order (from September 28, 2022, through November 28, 2022):
New claims – all types
- We are working with claimants/beneficiaries to provide assistance as needed.
- In the event you have any claims as a result of hurricane Ian, please let me know so that I can alert the appropriate claim team to be on the lookout for them. They will be taking steps to help expedite these claims.
Existing claims - all types
- Deadlines for providing documentation have been extended to 11/28/2022.
- Reports are being created to help identify Florida claimants that may have been impacted by the hurricane to ensure emergency measures are being applied to their claims.
- For those currently receiving LTD benefits via paper check, we are waiving the requirement of written authorization to set up EFT and will take the information over the phone (provided the claimant’s identity is verified).
- For STD claims, requests for EFT are being addressed on a case by case basis.
- We are running reports to identify active life claims that have beneficiaries located in Florida so that additional outreach to those beneficiaries can be conducted.
- EFT is not an option for Life claim payments. However, we can pay via Secure Standard Access (SSA) which is an interest-bearing checking account. Florida is an opt-in state so the beneficiary must request SSA payments.
- If we receive a call from a beneficiary that is concerned about receiving a benefit check that has already been mailed, our teams have been instructed to offer to re-issue the payment and mail it to another location.
- I also wanted to take this opportunity to remind you about the Life Services Toolkit that is part of our life insurance offering.
- With the Life Services Toolkit, beneficiaries will receive telephonic support and up to 6 face-to-face grief counseling sessions.
- In addition, they have access to a number of online resources regarding this event, including funeral planning assistance through the Life Services Toolkit Website: www.standard.com\mytoolkit
- Premium payments – grace periods have been extended to the longer of your group’s grace period or 11/28/2022.
The Standard is here for you. Please let us know how we can be of further assistance during this difficult time.
Christine D'Angelo | National Accounts Consultant
Standard Insurance Company
4300 W. Cypress Street
Tampa, FL 33607
Phone 813.878.0283 | Toll-free 800.325.5757 ext. 0283
We’re here to help.
VSP® Vision Care is here to help those who may be affected by disasters. This includes you, your employees, and your community.
What are we doing?
In light of Hurricane Ian making landfall last week, we are working directly with our network doctors, business partners, and relief agencies, including the American Red Cross, to best support and fulfill the eye care and eyewear needs of community members who may be impacted.
What can you do?
Spread the word. Let your employees, family, and friends know VSP Vision Care will help them replace their eyewear if lost or damaged due to disaster. Here’s how:
For regular updates about relief efforts, our gift certificate program, or how you can help, visit our website at https://www.vspvision.com/eyes-of-hope/get-help.
VSP Vision Care