Recruitment and Retention
We are currently hiring teachers for the 2023-2024 school year and would love you to join our team!
✅Click Here to View Current Vacancies
✅Volusia County Schools made the Forbes 2022 Best of the Best List! We ranked in the TOP 100 Employers in the state of Florida.
✅FIND OUT WHY! You can view the full article here
- Volusia County is located on Florida’s beautiful east coast with 47 miles of beaches and scenic rivers. Residents enjoy nature’s playground, the cultural landscape and year-round temperate climate. You will find the ultimate balance of work and play!
- Our 60,000+ students are the “heartbeat” of our school district! Their well-being and achievement are always at the core of decisions made by district leaders.
- Our diversity gives us strength! We have 16 diverse communities located in our county.
- We are a short drive to major theme parks, NFL stadiums, and NASCAR.
- We offer competitive starting salaries for teachers.
- We offer insurance and benefits for eligible positions which include medical, basic life insurance and participation in the Florida Retirement System (FRS).
- We "invest in our own" and provide opportunities for leadership on campus and career advancement.
- VCS offers professional learning opportunities for instructional and non-instructional employees at no cost. We believe that focused professional growth does not just make our district a great place to work, it accelerates student success!
Critical Shortage Areas
- Exceptional Student Education (ESE) K-12
- ESOL K-12
- Science (all areas)
- School Counselors
- Tech Ed K-12
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The School Board of Volusia County does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, marital status, pregnancy, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or age in its educational programs, services or activities, or in its hiring or employment practices. The district also provides equal access to its facilities to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups, as required by the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act.
Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding discrimination or harassment may be sent to: Anne Marie Wrenn, Equity and Compliance Officer. (386) 734-7190, ext. 20313, firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Matters - Why Volusia?
Teaching Matters - What’s your Legacy?
Recruitment and Retention
200 N Clara Ave.
DeLand, FL 32720
Office Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tiffany Fuller, Coordinator
Phone: (386) 734-7190 ext. 20549
Meg Roa, Specialist
Phone: (386)734-7190 ext.20548
LaShawn Troutman, Specialist
Phone: (386)734-7190 ext.20541
Recruitment & Retention Assistant
(386)734-7190 ext. 20115
Phone: (386)734-7190 ext. 20168