Jessica Lunsford Act (JLA)
The Jessica Lunsford Act requires all contracted vendors who are permitted access on school grounds when students are present, who have direct contact with students, or have access to or control of school funds, to undergo a background check and meet Level 2 screening requirements pursuant to Florida State Statute 1012.32.
All non-instructional contractors who are permitted access to school grounds when students are present:
- Must be a resident and citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien of the United States as determined by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Must be 18 years of age or older; and
- Must meet the background screening requirements pursuant to Florida State Statute 1012.467.
How to register for fingerprinting and a badge
- Register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name, telephone number, email address, company name and your Volusia County School District vendor/JLA code, (your employer will provide you their JLA Code).
- Once the completed JLA registration has been submitted, use the below link to make your payment. The cost for fingerprinting and badge is $85.00.
- NOTE: This fee must be paid prior to scheduling an appointment.
- After payment, use the link to schedule an appointment:
How to register for only a badge
The cost for obtaining only a badge is $10.00.
- If you have undergone the JLA fingerprint screening process within the past 5 years, your information is stored in the Florida Shared School Results (FSSR) System and you are not required to be re-fingerprinted.
- To register, send an email to email@example.com. Include your full name, last four digits of your SSN, date of birth, telephone number, email address, the County where your fingerprints were completed, company name and the Volusia County School District vendor/JLA code, (your employer will provide you with this JLA Code).
- Once the completed JLA registration is received, your fingerprint history will be verified in the FSSR system and a link will be sent to you with payment and appointment information.
I have registered, now what?
The location for fingerprinting & picture for the badge is conducted onsite at the Volusia County School District’s Human Resources Department, located at 200 North Clara Avenue, DeLand, FL 32720.
When you arrive for your appointment, two forms of a valid ID are required.
*One from each column:
Column 1 (one of the below)
Column 2 (one of the below)
After fingerprinting is reviewed and the criteria is met, you will be contacted with information on how to retrieve your contracted vendor badge. In order to receive your badge, you must provide a copy of your I-9 as a part of the eligibility for clearance.
**The badge will not be released without a copy of the I-9.**
Please direct any questions regarding payment and scheduling to (386) 734-7190, (386) 255-6475 or (386) 427-5223 ext. 20185.
Please direct any other questions regarding JLA to (386) 734-7190, (386) 255-6475 or (386) 427-5223 ext. 20262.