The Equity Office provides a variety of services to Volusia County Schools' students, program participants, employees and applicants. Services provided are listed below.
- Investigate allegations of discrimination and/or harassment.
- Assist in providing reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Develop and recommend policies and practices related to the prevention of discrimination and prohibited this conduct in our schools and workplace.
- Analyze and monitor the District's practices to ensure compliance is maintained with the District's non-discrimination policy.
- Disseminate the District's non-discrimination policy, grievance appeal procedures and ensure they are posted in a visible location.
- Inform employees and others associated with the District of its non-discrimination policies and procedures.
- Provide civil rights and diversity training.
Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We are located at the DeLand Administrative Complex, Office of Professional Standards, 200 N. Clara Avenue, DeLand, Florida.
Anne Marie Wrenn, PHR, SHRM-CP
Equity & Compliance Officer
Office of Professional Standards
Phone: (386) 734-7190 ext. 20313
ADA Compliance Officer
Phone: (386) 734-7190 ext. 71362
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The School Board of Volusia County does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, marital status, pregnancy, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or age in its educational programs, services or activities, or in its hiring or employment practices. The district also provides equal access to its facilities to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups, as required by the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act.