The Florida Department of Education has launched its new certification application website; effective November 7, 2017 the district online application located on e portal will no longer be available.
To submit either a renewal or add on application click the link below.
FLDOE: Rule 6A-4.0051 Renewal and Reinstatement of a Professional Certificate
HB 7069 40-hour Reading Recertification Requirement (not Reading Endorsement)
An educator whose application for renewal of a certificate with a beginning validity date of July 1, 2020, or thereafter, must have earned at least two (2) college credits, forty (40) in-service points.
The Reading-ESE 40-hour requirement applies to anyone with the following coverages:
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- Prekindergarten/Primary Education (age 3 through grade 3)
- Elementary Education (grades 1-6)
- Primary Education (grades K-3)
- English (grades 1-6)
- Middle Grades English (grades 5-9)
- Middle Grades Integrated Curriculum (grades 5-9)
- English (6-12)
- Reading (K-12)
- Reading (Endorsement)
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) (grades K-12)
The points can also satisfy the ESE requirement
- If an educator with one of those coverages renewed in 2020, the 40 hours must be earned by 2025.
- If an educator with one of those coverages renews in 2021, the 40 hours must be earned by 2026.
- If an educator with one of those coverages renews in 2022, the 40 hours must be earned by 2027.
- If an educator with one of those coverages renews in 2023, the 40 hours must be earned by 2028.
- If an educator with one of those coverages renews in 2024, the 40 hours must be earned by 2029.