School Board Policy 503
- Pursuant to the authority of the School Board under Article IX, section 4 of the Florida Constitution, face coverings may be worn by all students, employees, visitors, vendors or any other persons, while in or on school board property. All students, employees, visitors, vendors or any other persons are encouraged to substantially comply with authoritative or controlling government-issued health standards while in or on school board property.
Upon advice, guidance, or direction of state officials, the Superintendent shall timely notify the School Board of any significant escalation or emergency requiring reconsideration of this policy.
- FACE COVERING TYPES:
The following defined face covering types may be worn:
- Cloth Face Coverings: Cloth face coverings are acceptable for compliance with this policy provided that the face covering covers both the nose and mouth of the person and fits snugly against the sides of the person’s face with no gaps.
- Commercially Produced Masks: Commercially produced surgical masks or respirators are acceptable for compliance with this policy but are not mandated.
- Face Shields: Face shields may be worn as a substitute for cloth face coverings.
- Only face coverings intended for use for a health/safety purpose may be worn.
- AVAILABLE PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
To the extent possible, the district will provide students and staff with a supply of cloth masks or other appropriate facial coverings and will maintain emergency supplies of disposable face coverings so that no student will be in a position where they will not have access to a mask.
- Effective Date
This policy shall become effective upon adoption of the School Board.
Sections 1001.32, 1001.41, 1001.42 and 1001.43, Florida Statutes
1001.42, 1003.31 and 1012.27, Florida Statutes
- (Emergency Adopted – July 28, 2020, Adopted - October 27, 2020)
- (Effective Date: June 14, 2021)
- (Revised – October 27, 2020, June 14, 2021)