Volusia County Schools Storm Resource Center
Hurricane season runs from June 1 through November 30. In the case of a hurricane, the District encourages parents students and staff to monitor the Volusia County Emergency Management Information page and the NOAA National Hurricane Center for the most updated and accurate information. Now is the time to get ready for hurricane season.
Emergency Contact Information
- Cell Phone Number
- Make sure your cell phone number is updated with your zoned school. If you have multiple students in VCS please check to make sure each student has the correct cell phone number contact.
Opt-in to texting by typing "Yes" to 67587.
- Volusia County Emergency Management Hurricane Information
- CDC Hurricane Resources
- Evacuation & Shelter Information
- Florida Emergency Management
- Hurricane and Storm Preparedness
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service - Melbourne, FL
- National Weather Service