What is the Hope Scholarship Program?
The Hope Scholarship Allows parents of children in public school to find a new learning environment for their child who is being bullied or a victim of violence. Students who have reported a qualified incident that took place at a K-12 public school/event may be eligible.
Who is eligible?
Any student who has been a victim of any of the incidents listed below during the 2018/2019 school year (August 13, 2018 – May 24, 2019) at a K-12 public school, any school-related or school-sponsored program or activity, and riding on a school bus, including waiting at a school bus stop.
How do I apply?
- Report the incident to the Principal/Administrative Office of your child’s current school.
- The Principal will begin an investigation into the incident.
- Eligible students will receive a Hope Scholarship Notification Form from the school Principal or Designee.
- To apply for a school within Volusia County Public Schools, please submit the completed Hope Scholarship Form signed by the Principal or Designee to Schoolchoice@groups.volusia.k12.fl.us.
- To apply for a private school, please contact the nonprofit Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) Step Up for Students.
How long is the scholarship?
Upon approval of Hope Scholarship, your child will be permitted to remain at their school of choice until they age out of the school. Reapplication to attend the next school level is not necessary.