The VPK / Early Learning Initiative serves designated Title I schools and other areas of need within our school district. Designated schools offer VPK instruction with a full day program (typical elementary school day hours) free to eligible families. Families must live in the designated school zone and complete the application and registration process at the school site. Students must be 4 by September 1st of the current school year. Families must obtain a valid Certificate of Eligibility from the Early Learning Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties for enrollment and registration.
Transportation must be provided by the parent.
Families may apply for the Certificate of Eligibility online at Early Learning Coalition of Flagler and Volusia.
Application for the 2020-2021 School Year Voluntary Prekindergarten Program will be in virtual format beginning on April 15, 2020. Please contact, by phone, your zoned school for more information.
2020-2021 School Year
VPK / Early Learning Initiative programs are currently offered at the following schools
|Holly Hill||Indian River||McInnis||Orange City|
|Palm Terrace||Pierson||Starke||Sugar Mill|
|Sunrise||Timbercrest||Turie T. Small||Westside|
Required registration documents include:
- Original birth certificate
- Current shot record (Florida Form 680)
- current physical record (Florida Physical Form 3040)
- 2 documents as proof of residency in Volusia County school zone which clearly indicate parents'/guardians' names: (driver's license, copy of lease or rental agreement, property deed or utility bill. )
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the Early Learning Coalition serving Volusia County
- Approval letter from VPK Volusia County Schools district office confirming completion of Parent Interview application.
VPK/Title I classroom units are dependent upon sufficient student enrollment and the availability of federal funds for the new school year. VCS reserves the right to close classroom units in the event that enrollment and funding do not meet the required needs for each classroom.