2021 VPK Summer Program Dates: June 14, 2021 - August 5, 2021
Volusia County Schools will be offering summer VPK at the following sites:
557 Ronnoc Ln.
975 Abagail Dr.
Holly Hill School
1500 Center Ave.
Woodward Avenue Elementary
1201 S. Woodward Ave.
Registration must take place at the student's zoned elementary school (click to check your zoned school). Registration opportunities for Summer 2021 will take place at your child's zoned kindergarten school through July 2021, but we encourage you to register early to ensure a slot for your child at the school of your choice. Transportation will not be provided.
Families are encouraged to contact The Early Learning Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties to apply for the VPK Certificate of Eligibility (required for any VPK program).
- Telephone: 386-323-2400
- Website: Early Learning Coalition or https://familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com/
- Families may also contact Volusia County Schools Early Learning office: Telephone: (386) 734-7190 ext. 20505.
Families of children with special needs may find more information about the program by clicking on Fact Sheet for Families-Summer VPK and Children with Special Needs, What You Should Know or Hoja Informativa Para Familias, VPK de Verano y Ninos con Necessidades Especiales: Que usted Debe Saber. The VPK program is not a special education program and special services generally described on an IEP are not available through the VPK program.
School Board Policy 215 - Voluntary Prekindergarten Program Policy
School Board Policy 215 which describes the expectations of the district for families who enroll a child in the program. All school board policies can be found at the district's home page, click on School Board tab; click on School Board Policies; click on Board Docs. The Student Code of Conduct is always in effect during the VPK program.
Required registration documents include:
- Original birth certificate
- Current shot record (Florida Form 680)
- Current physical record (Florida Physical Form 3040)
- 2 documents that show proof of Volusia County residency which clearly indicate parents'/guardians' names (driver's license, copy of lease or rental agreement, property deed or utility bill)
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the Early Learning Coalition serving Volusia County
- Also requested is the child's Social Security Card.
If you need more information concerning Summer VPK, contact the Early Learning office at (386) 734-7190 ext. 20505.