The Office of Recruitment and Retention
We are always looking for talented teaching candidates in Volusia County!
While COVID-19 has changed our way of work, our purpose remains grounded in our students. We are currently hiring teachers for the 2021-2022 school year and would love you to join our team!
- Volusia County is located on Florida’s beautiful east coast with 47 miles of beaches and scenic rivers. Residents enjoy nature’s playground, the cultural landscape and year-round temperate climate. You will find the ultimate balance of work and play!
- Our 60,000+ students are the “heartbeat” of our school district! Their well-being and achievement are always at the core of decisions made by district leaders.
- Our diversity gives us strength! We have 16 diverse communities located in our county.
- We are a short drive to major theme parks, NFL stadiums, and NASCAR.
- We offer competitive starting salaries for teachers.
- We offer insurance and benefits for eligible positions which include medical, basic life insurance and participation in the Florida Retirement System (FRS).
- We "invest in our own" and provide opportunities for leadership on campus and career advancement.
- VCS offers professional learning opportunities for instructional and non-instructional employees at no cost. We believe that focused professional growth does not just make our district a great place to work, it accelerates student success!
Teaching Matters - Why Volusia?
Teaching Matters - What’s your Legacy?
The Volusia County School District Offices are open to the public.
Hours of operation Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Critical Shortage Areas
- Exceptional Student Education (ESE) K-12
- ESOL K-12
- Science (all areas)
- School Counselors
- Tech Ed K-12
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The School Board of Volusia County does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, marital status, pregnancy, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or age in its educational programs, services or activities, or in its hiring or employment practices. The district also provides equal access to its facilities to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups, as required by the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act.
Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding discrimination or harassment may be sent to: Anne Marie Wrenn, Equity and Compliance Officer. (386) 734-7190, ext. 20313, email@example.com
|Christy Mahaney, Coordinator
Phone: (386) 734-7190 ext. 20492
|Bonnie Turner, Office Specialist
Phone: (386)734-7190 ext. 20115
Monica Dreher, Office Specialist