Financial Services encompasses the following areas:
The mission of the Financial Services division is to support the achievement of Volusia County Schools' mission, goals and objectives by providing the necessary financial information, analyses and services essential for sound decision-making and financial management.
- Ensure the integrity of the school district's financial data and financial policies.
- Support the Superintendent, School Board, senior staff, schools and program specialists by providing sound financial guidance, planning data and documents, accurate accounting records, and detailed budget information.
- Compare and evaluate the costs of district programs and operations to other school districts and recommend and implement cost-savings measures.
- Coordinate the Best Financial Management Practices review by OPPAGA.
- Improve cash management and investment systems to maximize investment returns.
- Explore benefit and wellness opportunities that have proven cost-effective methodology.
Funding for Florida School Districts
Employees please go to Financial Services Intranet for more information.
Phone: (386) 734-7190 ext. 20339
Risk and Benefits Management Director
Phone: (386) 734-7190 ext. 20300
Executive Secretary to the CFO
Phone: (386) 734-7190 ext. 20385